Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

On The Banks of God's Great Sea

"In loving memory of my father, Arthur McClain, who died of lung cancer on December 16, 1994. Happy Father's Day, Daddy!"

On The Banks of God's Great Sea
By Gloria A. Walker @1996

Daddy, I know you're resting
On the banks of God's great sea.
As you watch the children play
Will you remember me?



Remember when we went fishing
From Tampa's wooden piers
And I lost your favorite reel
Which caused me to shed some tears?


But we were blessed beyond belief
When I reeled in a catch that day.
For in the mouth of that fish
Was the hook and your reel was saved.


Remember when you gave me away
To a man you barely knew
Hoping that I was as precious
To him as I was to you?


Remember your first grandson
And then a daughter, too;
Which paved the way for the others
My sisters gave to you?


Remember how you laughed with us?
You teased us when we were mad.
You often told such corny jokes
So silly they made us laugh.


But more than this you taught us
Of salvation full and free.
You brought to life the Son of God
And His sacrifice on a tree.


Perhaps you're now just fishing
From the banks of God's great sea
With another reel beside you
Waiting there for me.


Thanks to your beautiful legacy of love
And your message of a Man on a tree.
I'll gladly join you there one day
On the banks of God's great sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment