Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Master's Call

The Master's Call
by Gloria A. Walker

My spirit now is quiet
Resting from the storm.
My heart is mending slowly from
The ache which left it torn.

In quietness I hear Him.
At rest I fell Him near.
He soothes my heart where it mends.
His calm now mask my fear.

His eyes are full of mercy
As He gently asks my all.
"Will you give Me everything
In answer to My call?"

His voice somewhat familiar
Fills my consciousness.
I watch as He draws near to me
In love and righteousness.

"I called you in the storm," He said.
"To grant you peace within.
You heard instead the tempest's rage.
The howling, screaming wind.

Now there's no distraction
To block Me from your view.
Open wide your heart to Me
And let Me walk with you.

Trust Me with your burdens.
Give Me all your care.
Let Me have your quiet concerns
And all your troubles share.

Let My love embrace you.
Let My peace within.
My sufficient grace awaits you.
My mercy is your friend.

I want your full surrender.
I need complete control.
I want your willing promise
To let Me make you whole."

My spirit now is quiet,
Despite the raging storm.
My heart has finally mended.
I am now reborn.

"Peace," He whispers softly
As I yield to Him my all.
"Be still," He says as I stop to await
The sound of the Master's call.

No comments:

Post a Comment