Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Love Song

A LOVE SONG

My soul is dry and thirsty,
Blasted by the sun of despair,
Bruised by winds of destruction,
Burned by the sandstorms of care.

As I crawl through this barren wasteland
Surrounded by sweltering heat,
I yearn for a safe Oasis,
A refuge, a place of retreat.


Shaken by clouds of deception,
Worn by the burdens I bear,
I fall to my face, unable to move
To lie crying and broken there.

As I lay there in that pitiable state
I sensed Someone draw near.
He lifted me in His comforting arms
And strangely I knew no fear.

I looked into His kindly face
And felt somewhat surprised
To see so great a pain within
His sad and tear drenched eyes.

"What makes you hurt?" I asked Him.
"Why are you crying so?"
Stunned by the words He whispered
I, too, cried all the more.

"I hurt because you do," He said.
"I felt each glancing blow.
I cry because from the start
I did not want it so!

My Love for you is so intense
It breaks My heart to know
That you are hurt and broken
When I did not want is so!"

As our tears began to mingle
My thirsty soul was quenched.
In cool, refreshing, Living Water
My soul became entrenched.

As He felt my strength returning
He placed me on my feet.
He stretched out His hand and said
"Walk this way with Me."

I felt His song of Love begin
Within my heart that day.
I took His outstretched Hand
Determined to walk His way.

An excerpt from "Out of the Depths of My Heart I Cried"
by Gloria A. Walker © 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment