Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

I'll Die

(Just as physical attributes are passed on from one generation to another, so are spiritual. And just like Elisha, I have been blessed with a double portion anointing through my children. As you read this poem written by my son embrace this gift first to me--my double portion-- and now to the world.)
 
I'll Die
by Darryl D. Walker © 2006

In love with love even though I know with love I’ll die.
I try to find other means for my spirit to be revived.
But yet here I am again with love, my flesh feeling so alive.
But my spirit cries, “Why?”
‘Cause my soul can’t find any real sincerity behind loves eyes.
My flesh tells my spirit and my soul that what they see is a lie.
Feels like love, tastes like love, so it must be right.
Deny myself true intimacy, a bad choice I made,
Because I chose to love love instead of first choosing to love me.
Capturing only glimpses of what could be
Too scared to step out, too scared to believe.
Hearing the voice in the darkness but I’m distracted
Standing in the shadows of love
Caught up by the pure essence of its intense stare
Knowing that what I see before me is not for me.
Blind-sided by the eyes and I’m locked in a trance.
My soul continues to weep.
My spirit begins to fall into a dormant sleep.
My flesh secretly praying for relief
‘Cause now all three parts of me see this love is sick
Having had a relationship with Real Love.
So why do I refuse to break free?
Suppressed under lock and key
Real Love is standing there waiting for me.
Yet I lay here wrapped in bloodstained sheets praying that
Real Love will come and rescue me.
Real Love can help but I have to use the key.
But with my spirit sleep and my soul weak,
My flesh is sustained but just too scared to flee.
To all that hear me, to all that believe,
I’m asking please, please, please,
Would you please pray for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment